Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for so many things.  I have been blessed beyond measure, and it doesn't end.  It truly is wonderful to be me!

Our Thanksgiving went good, it was a relaxed day, and we let everyone do what they wished.  Surprising enough, not too much damage was done, (our youngest, after all, is still 3) and everyone had an enjoyable day.  Next year I'll start earlier cooking though.  We had to wait too long for the turkey.

For Family Home Evening, we asked the kids what they were grateful for.  Everyone took turns and we went around and around until everyone pretty much was out of things to be grateful for - so they thought.  Then we closed our eyes, and imagined life with only those things we had said we were grateful for.  You can probably imagine, they insisted on adding things that they were grateful for.  It taught me a lesson. The only things we don't deserve are the things that we aren't grateful for.

I love this time of season, and I'm beginning to love Thanksgiving more and more.  I love to think of all the things I am grateful for and feel the spirit warm my heart.  It makes all my days good, even if I didn't get my Thanksgiving picture, and the turkey took too long to cook.  I'm especially thankful for you, my readers, for without you, this would just be a journal blog, and wouldn't be kept up nearly as well as I do now :).

Take care to all of you, and many happy returns for the season.  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

How fun! I love reading your blog- you have such a clever way with words- you really should be a writer! Give all my love- Gramma