Pictures at the Karate Place, a place we spend a lot of time.
This is Taron's Class, he is doing pretty good.
One of the fun "toys" I have for Karate time, is pipe cleaners. I don't think the kids will ever have enough of them...
Here is Malaya.... I'm not sure why I didn't get any pictures of Kaldon, I'm usually better than that, but I'll do better this week.
We have had a wonderful couple of weeks, and for general conference we tried an experiment. Our children spend quite a bit of travel time in the car for various things, and they actually love it, because I check out books on tape or cd from the library and every day we listen to a new adventure. The trips are usually too short, and the kids are anxious for the next ride to finish the books. They behave very well during these trips, and there is rarely any arguing or bugging each other.
So, we decided to take a couple sessions of conference on the road. Saturday we started driving and hit Pocatello just as the first session ended. (Our plan wasn't very good yet, and it took a bit to get out in the first place.) We were hoping to take it to Wyoming and visit our family there, but when we checked that morning, the roads were closed, so we thought it might be better to go there a different time. So, in Pocatello, we visited family until the break was over, and headed out on the road for the next session.
We have family in Rockland as well, so we decided to head out there. Even driving really slow on back roads it only took us a little over an hour to get there, and as we passed to head to Malad, we lost the radio stations broadcasting the conference, so we headed back and finished out conference at my sisters house.
Sunday we spent at home, and I think with a little better planning, I liked the road better. Even though the kids may not have paid attention to it, they were generally well behaved (and even took some good naps :P) which allowed us a chance to listen.
Conference was wonderful, I have so much to learn and do better, but most of all, it gave me hope. Sometimes it's hard to remember that Heavenly Father is still watching us, and is very aware what is going on in our world and individual lives today. If we can just be a little more obedient, we can hold onto the true happiness that we can have in this life no matter what is going on around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment