Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone!


This year has been a quick one. My kids are growing up very quickly and we are entering an exciting time in our lives. Then again, each time has its exciting points, right? Well, to wrap up this year, this is a little summary to life for the Witts, 2011. As I look back over pictures and documents of the past year, I realize that I have virtually nothing for the first quarter. I guess I was so busy in my second semester at school that I really dropped the ball. Oh, well, nothing to be done but do better this year.

Kyriahna has had an eventful year. She is really growing up, and April she finally received her first degree black belt. Once they receive their black belt, it is their choice whether to continue or not, and Kyriahna is looking into other sports, namely softball. Her favorite colors are black and red - nothing bright, and it is "cool" right now to hate the sight, touch and thought of the color pink. She is also a very talented writer and has already written many books. She is a very good storyteller, and I have found her many times with a captive audience as she reads her books. She has also taken a fancy to accents, and does some pretty good ones. She likes office supplies of all kinds ( I wonder where she gets that from) and for Christmas we finally got her a set of steel mechanical pencils which I hope she will treasure and take really good care of. This year she also turned 12 and became a young woman. She likes going to young women's classes and mutual.

Jolanna is also getting older. She received her first degree black belt in October of this year. She still attends class and is planning on trying out for the demo team that will perform in the regional tournament next year, July 14th. Although Jolanna is kind and well-liked by everyone, she is still trying to find a true close friend, and this frustrates her sometimes. For the ward Christmas party she was selected to perform in a small singing choir and did a wonderful job. She does very well in school, and is very self motivated scholastically. She is looking forward to the time she turns 12 and gets to go to young women's, too. She is getting really good at doing odd jobs and picking up the slack especially as it comes to dinner, and I've grown dependent on her help.

Kaldon is reminding me more and more of the stripling warriors as he grows. Earlier this year we got a telephone call from his principal, with nothing but praise for all he does in the school including kids and being friends to everyone. He is very well liked, and very responsible in his use of his popularity. He is often found standing up for the little guys and making everyone feel included. He is really into Legos, and is getting really good at sharing and taking care of them. I am continually amazed at his ability to inspire his younger siblings to do his jobs for him. He definitely has leadership capabilities. Kaldon also keeps us on target with our family scripture study. He is a great spiritual strength, even though he is only nine. He is only a few months away from his black belt, and even though he is trying out for the demo team, he would like to change his focus to soccer after he gets his black belt.

Malaya is my little zookeeper. It is what she wants to be when she grows up, and so I asked her to be the one in charge of the animals. She is so good with them, and though sometimes she needs reminding, she never tries to get out of taking care of them. She is very proud of her job, when she realized that she is doing now what she wants to be doing "when she grows up". It takes a great deal of stress away from me, and allows a chance for her to shine doing something she enjoys. Although we have been getting only 3-4 eggs a day, on her birthday every one of the chickens laid an egg for her, and she thought that was pretty special. Still giddy and full of life as ever, Malaya really brings a light to our family. This year on December 31, she will be baptized, and she is very excited.

Taron started Kindergarten this year. He is getting pretty good at reading, and I am amazed at how quickly he picks things up. He is also a self motivated homework person, although sometimes he needs reminded. He feels so "grown up" and is excited to start first grade and go to the whole day of school. He is and probably will ever be my little clown. He loves to make people laugh, and has an awkward sense of humor. Sometimes just watching him thinking he is so funny, I have to laugh. I am so glad he is a part of our family, because he has added the humor that we so need in desperate times. He loves cars and superheroes and can't get enough of either. I love his smile and the innocent way he looks at things.

Josh is working hard, he provides so much for our family. He is such a great husband and father, and he really does bring the fun back into life. Times are tough with this economy, and he has received notice that more than 80% of those on his project are to be laid off the middle of January. This can be a frightening time, full of change and the unknown, yet we are not concerned. It is not our business to know in detail every step our feet will fall, it is enough to know that Heavenly Father has brought us here and at every change our lives have become only better. It is our job to continually correct our path so that we may be worthy of all the blessings He has to offer us. That being said, if he does survive the cuts, in time that will be a greater blessing, and if he doesn't, there are multiple job opportunities that he is currently qualified for. He is such a good husband and does so much for our family.

Last, there is me. I am so obnoxiously busy finishing school, and let me tell you it feels great to say that. I never wanted to "just finish", however, to have a goal in mind it just feels right. I have surprisingly (to me only, apparently) kept my grades high since I came back to school this time around and I owe it all to my wonderful husband and children. Going to school takes a lot of time and energy, and they all help everyday to pick up the slack and get things done. With their love and support I was also able to achieve my second degree black belt, also much to my amazement. With a little help from above, I should be finished with my schooling in 3 semesters, then I'll student teach. It has been a bumpy learning road full of discovery and goals, and I've no doubt it will continue as such. But with the unending support of a wonderful husband and children, not to mention all of the great blessings that my Heavenly Father continues to bless me with, I know I can do it. I take things often one day at a time, and I apologize if things this year may have seemed impersonal or off ( like a Christmas card coming after Christmas). But I hope you understand how much we love you all and do look forward to the times we get to share.

This year I also got a great deal of help from Hanalorraine and her family. What a great blessing they were in my life as I went to school this summer and got an important class out of the way. It was because of them that many projects that I had hoped to accomplish this year got done, and my home is more comfortable and welcoming because of it. The lessons that she taught me as she took care of my children are priceless, and because of her I am becoming a better mom. What a great example! As I prepare for everyone coming next week, I am thankful again, as I wash the kitchen walls and they become clean easily, all because she helped me out and painted my kitchen. It also made me ponder in all the years gone by how much family and friends have helped us through difficult spots. Spending weeks with us while I was going through surgeries and dealing with health issues, coming miles to assist when I was a geographically single mom and needed to move alone. Even those who were just there to share the good times and would be there in another heartbeat if needed. I am so blessed, I have the most awesome family and friends ever. You truly rock. So, this season, I wish for all of you the very best of Heavenly Father's blessings coming your way, may your hearts and pantries be full, may you always feel the love you so freely give, and may you feel the wonderful spirit of Christmas every day of the year.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours and may you have a Happy and successful New Year!

Love from Tringle, Josh, Kyriahna, Jolanna, Kaldon, Malaya, and Taron

1 comment:

Miskin said...

What a lovely newsletter. I enjoyed reading it. Your family is amazing. Love you guys, Merry Christmas!