We are doing well, settling in for the winter as January usually goes, even though it isn't really winter without the snow. The kids are all doing well in school, and becoming more self motivated. I am finding (finally) that when I ask for a job to be done, I don't have to sit on them to get them to do it. It is a great help as this semester is a pretty difficult one for me. I did end up dropping my Yoga class, and it has made room for eating and studying. I miss being active, but I am glad for the change. I am almost fully healed from my muscle tear of week before last, and love being active again. Pain is not fun.
Twice this last week our water froze, and we were without water in the house. We figured last year (when it happened once) how to thaw it, and did the same this time. But because it is occurring more frequently, we called a well guy to take a look at our problem so we can get it repaired before we have frozen bursting pipes. Good news is it is fixable, bad news is our entire house was done wrong. As we continue going from room to room remodeling, we will have to replace pipes and attachments, before the wrong ones that were put in fail. Fun for us! Meanwhile, it isn't too bad that our lawn is gone, they have to dig it all up fix our well issues anyway, and this way we aren't concerned with destroying our nice lawn. We will definitely be busy this summer.
We have finally gotten into the hang of teaching our 10 year old class. We are having so much fun and feeling the spirit it is awesome. Kids that were only semi active are pressuring their parents to be able to come, and working hard to get the reading assignments done. In just a few lessons we have witnessed a great deal of growth. I am loving this calling. Today our lesson was about the tree of life. We carefully read the vision and each created their own depiction using construction paper, scissors, and colored pencils. It was interesting to see what each of them felt strongly about. Trying to describe it doesn't really bring it justice, I guess you had to be there. Sufficeth to say, (hehe), it was quite an awesome experience.
Because of the fact that several close relatives did not know that my husband is now safe at his job, my husband joked that no one ever reads what I write. So I asked him what I should write, and he said I should proclaim how wonderful he is. So here goes:
Josh is such a good guy. He supports me in all my dreams and helps me focus on what's important. He works hard and then is willing to come home and be a great dad - every day. I say the word and he makes it happen. I love him with all my heart, and look forward to many more years together.
Well, I do know that some people do read my blog, and I don't want to bore you or tell you many things that you already know. So, I will call this the end of my blog for this week, and hope and pray that all of you will continually receive many blessings in your life. Never forget what really matters: Have a great week!
Pictures this week were blurry, and videos were of "tornadoes" maybe we'll have some good ones next week! OH, and about caramel apples and cheesecake, wouldn't they be nice?
2 comments:
cute post! I love reading them
I read it.
Post a Comment