Combat weapons was next, and I was under a bit of pressure to perform well. I do think I am getting much better and faster, however, I lost my first match 8 to 9 by time. I like to think given more time I could have made up the two points, but we'll never know. That put me in third.
While I was "combat weaponing" my kids and hubby who had been there many hours supporting me, went off to Grandma and Grandpa Witt's house to have fun and get ready for bed. We had an enjoyable time visiting and spending time with them. Grandma Roxanne even got the kids together for a "Rock Band". The pictures are great, but truthfully, I'm not too sad I missed the performance ;). The next day was long with competitions and I was able to judge my own share of rings. I haven't downloaded the pictures yet, but when I do I'll post the kids' competition. Taron gets absolutely terrified when he is up. I hope doing it helps and he gets better at it.
After competition we said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa and went over to visit Qandryel and her family. Our kids have so much fun together, it doesn't take long and they are all gone. It was almost 8pm by the time we left and headed home, and that made for a late drive. We made it home safe around 1am.
On Sunday we had the pleasure to stay in our pajamas and watch conference. We are so blessed to have the ability to watch it on the internet, no matter where we are. Even better, we also could watch the sessions we missed during the competition. My cup is full and between everything this weekend I have a long list of things I can do to become a better all around person. Having the gospel active in my life means so much to me, but tonight, especially, it means perspective. We got all the kids together and played Farming Game tonight. It was a fun, albeit new experience for our family, but the right kind. It was one of those experiences that no one wants to end, but should have ended before it did.
This week without the kids made Josh and I realize that we aren't home very much in our busy lives. I thought maybe we can do things together as a family more during those times that we are able to spend at home. Like I said, perspective. In the end, what will have mattered? The 95% mundane, or the 5% let's do something that will last eternally?
It's taking forever to upload the videos and pictures again. Oh, well. A few more I will eventually put up will be Taron's 500 pictures, and Taron's videos of Grandmaster, as well as a sample of combat weapons so you can see what it's like. Have a good night, all!
After competition we said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa and went over to visit Qandryel and her family. Our kids have so much fun together, it doesn't take long and they are all gone. It was almost 8pm by the time we left and headed home, and that made for a late drive. We made it home safe around 1am.
On Sunday we had the pleasure to stay in our pajamas and watch conference. We are so blessed to have the ability to watch it on the internet, no matter where we are. Even better, we also could watch the sessions we missed during the competition. My cup is full and between everything this weekend I have a long list of things I can do to become a better all around person. Having the gospel active in my life means so much to me, but tonight, especially, it means perspective. We got all the kids together and played Farming Game tonight. It was a fun, albeit new experience for our family, but the right kind. It was one of those experiences that no one wants to end, but should have ended before it did.
This week without the kids made Josh and I realize that we aren't home very much in our busy lives. I thought maybe we can do things together as a family more during those times that we are able to spend at home. Like I said, perspective. In the end, what will have mattered? The 95% mundane, or the 5% let's do something that will last eternally?
It's taking forever to upload the videos and pictures again. Oh, well. A few more I will eventually put up will be Taron's 500 pictures, and Taron's videos of Grandmaster, as well as a sample of combat weapons so you can see what it's like. Have a good night, all!
2 comments:
Yeah! A new post. I'm totally impressed by you, Tringle! What a cool mom.
we had so much fun with you all! The only thing is next time you come visit we can have MORE time together. Thanks so much for coming! Love you all tons and tons!
Post a Comment