Sunday, June 3, 2012

Catching up, Schedules, and Summer

So, it's been a while again, but I had some really good excuses for the first few weeks- haha.  After that, I had just gotten out of the habit again.  So, let's put it all in a nutshell.  First, it was quickly moving towards finals and I was working really hard to keep good grades.  I also was preparing for Leadership Camp for Tae Kwon Doe, which also occurred the same week as finals.  Life was crazy nuts for a bit, but I managed to pull it off, and even threw in some quality family time in the mix as well.  I passed all my classes with flying colors, although not all A's as I had hoped.  I have only 3 semesters left and then I am done!  I also passed my leadership training and am now a fully certified instructor.  This also means that instead of volunteering my time, I get paid to do it.  I love that.  Employment officially begins tomorrow, which is strange since I haven't had an outside job since I worked for the 2000 census.  Wow, now i feel old.  We've also had the honor of having Catina come and stay in April, then my whole family in bits and bytes for my nephews baptism.  My kids just got out of school a little over a week ago.

So, here it is summer now.  I have decided much to my children's dismay, to keep a schedule this summer.  We are able to do and see so much more that way, and I don't feel like we are spending all our time doing housework.  The kids are doing fantastic with their jobs, and even though there is still whining and dragging of the feet, the jobs are, for the most part, getting done before noon.  We are becoming regulars at the library again, after we finally choked down the fees from our last visits to the library.  I'm hoping if we go every day we won't have any overdue books ;).  This year was especially trying in that department.  I think we spent close to $100 between the books from the kids' school and the books overdue at the library.  I'm glad it's over and the kids are really getting a little more responsible.

Also, in the past few weeks, Kaldon received his black belt.  Hooray!  Only two left to go.  We got some great pictures, but they forgot to send us the CD, so I'll post them when I get a chance.  So, here comes summer!  We got the tractor moving and the garden leveling so we can flood irrigate.  We won't be getting our sprinklers in this year ( no money, honey), but we have plenty of other projects to do.  I'm excited for an easy watering method for the garden, and with goat protection may try my orchard again.

This summer is shaping up to be productive, fun, and filled with plenty of family.  Hope the start of your summer is great!  Have an awesome week.

No comments: